Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Project #13 - Halloween Shrine

This medium size Halloween Shrine started with an eco-shrine and copper German scrap, both from Artchix Studios. The images are cutouts from vintage Halloween postcards.

The front background paper is from Graphic 45, and the back background paper is from DCWV. Both were distressed with black soot distress ink.

Halloween Project #12 - Distressed Halloween Card

The original vintage postcard was very distressed from age, so I decided to distress the whole card. The front and back of the card has a background that was digitally distressed, and the edges were inked with black soot distress ink. I continued the look around the edges of the cut out image with a Tim Holtz paper distresser and coordinating distress ink. The small pumpkins were stickers I distressed with ink to match the large pumpkin. I finished the card with a bold orange piece of retro lace and a black epoxy "Happy Halloween" sticker.

Halloween Project #11 - Halloween Clown Card

I love making cards with images that are reproductions of vintage postcards, and Halloween is my favorite holiday to do so.

I also love stacking layers, some raised and some flush, on my cards. This one has six layers.
Halloween project #10 can be found on my other blog: The Other Side of Char-

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Halloween Project #9

This small Halloween Shrine was so much fun to make using my own vintage images, copper German scrap and a small eco-shrine (both from Artchix Studios)

back of shrine

Project #8 - Vintage Witch Card

This image is a reproduction of a vintage Halloween postcard.

Friday, October 14, 2011

Halloween Projects # 5, 6, and 7

Halloween projects # 5, 6, and 7 are posted on my other blog: The Other Side of Char- .

Friday, October 7, 2011

Halloween Project #4

Hallween Project #4 can be found on my other blog: The Other Side of Char-.

Halloween Project #3

Another Halloween scene using more paper from the Eeeek! kit by Kristmess and characters from the move by Jolee. This one is titled, "I Am the Pumpkin King!"

Halloween Project #2

"A Nightmare Before Christmas" scene was created by using a digital paper, slightly tweaked, from Eeeek! by Kristmess and Jolee's characters from the movie.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Free Hybrid Schoolhouse Mini Album

Before we get into the Oct 31 rush, here is a hybrid project I made using the "Ready For School" kit by Connie Prince. This was such a fun kit to work with.

You can download this project free on Connie Prince's blog: Designs by Connie Prince

Monday, October 3, 2011

Halloween Project #1

I always stamp extras when I use a stamp and color them later. I cut them out once they are completed, and these Halloween ones needed a safe home. I hunted around my house and found an old cigar box that needed a lot of repair. I practically rebuilt the box before covering it in Halloween themed goodness. I thought it was fitting to make this my first Halloween Project for 2011.

Travel Journal prototype

This is the prototype travel journal that I made before figuring out how to make the smaller hybrid one. I used papers from the Transatlantique Collection by Graphic 45.

It is a lot like the Christmas planner I made last year.

I am not sure who originated the design (sorry). I have seen lots of versions on the internet.