Week 4 Question 4
Lots of journaling going on here:
What 7 Decisions Changed the Course of Your Life?
1. lift up "Just Married" sign - I decided to quit high school, and get married to John R. Blizzard. We had planned to wait until I graduated, but the Vietnam War changed everything. Being married made him a career sailor and allowed him to go to school for more training. This canceled his orders to be stationed aboard the USS Saratoga, which was heading for Vietnam.
2. Pullout tag - I decided to leave a violent marriage, and make it on my own with my son. I became strong and self sufficient.
3. Lift up computer monitor - I decided to join the U.S.A.F.
This gave me a career in computer maintenance, and a job with equal opportunity. I met and married Jeffie T. Dempsey, who was also in the U.S.A.F.
4. Lift up flap on backpack - I decided to get out of the U.S.A.F. on an early medical retirement. I turned down the lump sum settlement, and took the life time VA Comp instead. This allowed me to go to college and get my BS of Agriculture in Horticulture Science.
5. Pull tag under map - I decided to leave Jeff, and move to Oregon to attend OSU. I ended up teaching “GPS and Computer Applications in Agriculture” at OSU.
6. Raise up wooden wanigan - I decided to marry Charles
Crampton and move to Alaska. I proved to myself that I had what it took to live off of the land. No phone or tv, no electricity or running water at first. We bought land and started a successful organic teaching farm.
7. Pull tag under avatar - Once again domestic violence makes me leave everything behind but my son. We moved to OK, which was a big mistake. Then we moved to OR where I make my living as an artist.